Friday, August 7, 2009

Top 10 Essentials for Mom

Hi everyone! So glad to be writing on this blog again! As you saw in the previous post, Leigh Ann, aka LA, is joining in and I think its going to be a lot of fun. We both have lots of great home management as well as crafty ideas that we'd love to share. And we hope you'll chime in with your ideas as well. 

This morning as I was scrolling through my google reader, I read Simple Mom's post and it really stuck out to me. It definitely reminded me of some things that I should be better about as I go throughout my day. Her topic today was "10 Tips for Looking Your Best." She listed Tim Gunn's  Top 10 Must Haves list but then went on to give her list that she thinks is more important than the tangible wardrobe items. And I totally agree. Yes, I'd love to have those top 10 wardrobe items so that I could always leave the house looking like the hippest mom on the street. However, that's not a priority in my life. I try to be cute and stylish, but not if its going to cost a lot. 

Simple Mom's list included 10 items that make you feel a lot better during the day such as drinking water all day, taking a shower before noon, etc. Things that with 2 small children, I forget about or can't seem to fit in. So it was really a great reminder that I need to take better care of myself, especially as a nursing mom.  I think I'm going to work on this list one item at a time. I'm starting the water today. I already drink water, but not nearly enough. 

What do you think about the list? Do you feel there are things on it that if only applied, could really help your mood during the day? Are there other things you do that aren't on this list that really seem to give you a boost? We'd love to hear! 

3 comments:

one blonde mom said...

I think that is a great list! Those are simply things and most of them cost little to nothing. I really need to drink more water. I try to have only water at restaurants because for one it saves money but it also forces me to drink it. But I know, it is not nearly enough. It is so true that by drinking water would help my skin and body be much healthier. That's what I am into right now: figuring out ways to have a more healthy lifestyle.

Sleep I have down. :) I am blessed to have a great baby who sleeps at night so well from an early age that I was able to keep up my great sleeping habits. Even in college, I went to bed at 10pm and took naps!

I also have never been much of an exercise person, but this summer I started taking a class with a few friends at church. It's been a great way to motivate me to get up and move! It was only once a week, but I am going to try to keep it up during the rest of the week. I feel better about myself already!

I think I will write this list down and post it on my mirror to help my achieve more of these things.

Kara McAfee said...

I like this list as well---so practical! Of course as a mother of two, some of these items are not super easy to attain, but they're also not impossible. More water, more sleep, exercising more, showering before noon - all do-able, and would help tremendously with how I look and feel. I like that the blog is back and I'm looking forward to reading more! Kara

Teresa said...

Love the new blog look! Posture is the one on her list that I need to work on the most! I have always struggled with this! I think if I worked on the exercise part, it would help with that too. I am pretty good about drinking lots of water.