Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shampoo Free?



Have you ever consider not washing your hair with shampoo? Yeah, me either. Last weekend though, I was hanging out with my mom and she told me that dry shampoo is coming back and she has been using it on occasion. I did not know it ever existed. Ladies, did you? Then tonight, I was checking up on all the blogs I enjoy reading and Simple Mom had post about going shampoo free! Have you heard of this? Have you try it? Is it back?

I have never even considered shampoo being a harsh chemical. It has been used to clean my hair since before I can remember, but like other things in my home, I am trying to find ways to save money, be more environment friendly and simply be healthier. Let's face it, I am not getting younger each year, so it is about time I get serious and take care of the body God has given me.

Well, let me know your thoughts, if you have heard of this, or if you think it is just too extreme. I have a ton of baking soda, so I may give it a try sometime.

P.S. Speaking of trying to get healthy, I bought a jogging stroller a couple weeks ago and had to make a few improvements, but it is officially ready to go and I am hoping to get started on a new, daily workout routine. I will kept you posted!

-LeighAnn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that post too and was very curious. I'm just a little nervous bc I have to use shampoo that will tame my frizz haha. So I'm not sure if baking soda and apple cider vinegar will do that..buy maybe? Worth a shot!

Magan Smith said...

I use dry shampoo all the time...not baking soda, but the real deal from Ulta. Not only does it conserve water but it also saves time and helps your hair to be healthier. As for the concern about frizz...the natural oils in your hair should help with that.