Friday, October 2, 2009

Meal Planning {SeRieS}: 4 Menus


Please remember that this is a learning blog and improvements to our systems are always happening. Like today! Each month, I would sit down, pick meals, go to excel and write down all the ingredients and form a grocery lists. It works well for me but I always was trying to find a way to do it faster. Today, I finally figured it out. I made 4 menus, with all the ingredients, and grocery lists. These will rotate every 3 months, so now all I have to do is open excel, print off the current month, and go to my pantry, freezer, and refrigerator to see what I already have or need to buy. The lists are long but also are all inclusive, so hopefully, ingredients will not be missed. If you would like to download my menus or just get an idea of what they look like to create your own, then go here.

To help you keep track of items you need or run out of during the week, go here and keep it on your refrigerator.

Please let me know if something I have said has not made sense or needs more explanation. Let us know what you think, what you do to plan your grocery shopping trips, etc.

Recipes to come.

No comments: