Thursday, October 1, 2009

Meal Planning {SeRieS}: October's Menu




A typical month has 30 days but in reality, we are going to be out of town, not able to cook every night, have leftovers or go out to eat with friends every once and awhile, so therefore, I only plan about 15 to 20 meals a month. I look at my calendar and see when we will be out of town or have a special event that will not allow for eating at home, etc. and make my plan accordingly. We have a small group that we attend on Tuesdays and host about once a month, so I have to plan for that as well. I do not plan a meal for Tuesdays because we are not home that night and if we are then we are hosting a large group, so I plan Tuesdays last minute. Your family is going to have their activities as well that will affect your menu planning, but hopefully, all of this will be helpful, save you time and money.

Breakfast:

1. Cereal
2. Smoothies
3. Fruit
4. Cinnamon Rolls
5. Eggo's
6. Biscuits and Sausage


Lunches:

1. Leftovers from the day before
2. Sandwiches and chips or fruit

Snacks:

1. My version of chex party mix
2. Cheese and Crackers
3. Chips and Salsa
4. Apple and Peanut Butter

Dinners:


1. Cajun Chicken Pasta
2. King Ranch Chicken
3. Chicken Broccoli Rice
4. Grilled Chicken Rolls
5. Chicken Caesar Salad
6. Meatloaf
7. Beef Tacos
8. Spaghetti
9. Baked Ziti
10. Chili
11. BBQ Chicken
12. Breakfast for Dinner
13. Roast
14. Pizza
15. Chicken Enchiladas
16. White Chicken Chili
17. Chicken Noodle Soup

1 comment:

larra said...

I actually have never done my menu for an entire month at a time. I always do 2 weeks at a time. But after seeing your ideas, I might give it a try. But I do like you in the other areas. After I make my 2 week menu, I write down all the ingredients I'll need for each meal and whatever I don't have goes on my grocery list. I keep my list on the fridge so I can add to it when we run out of weekly items like milk, bread, fruit, etc.